The baby has an immune system that has not been perfect because he was vulnerable to infections such as diarrhea. If your baby uses a bottle of milk, then watch out for diarrhea caused by contaminated milk bottles by germs or bacteria.

“It is not uncommon baby diarrhea because of contaminated milk bottles,” said Dr. Lily Rudjan, SpA (K) of the division of Perinatology Department of Pediatrics Faculty of medicine / RSCM in the training Lightening archipelago in RSCM, Jakarta, Friday (21/09/2012).

Dr. Lily tells mothers and health workers need to properly sterilize feeding bottles and use a brush to wash the bottle in order to clean the bottom of the bottle because if you use your hands will not be enough.

The process of sterilization should be done regularly and correctly every time the bottle is used. This is important in order to reduce the entry of bacteria or germs that could contaminate the bottle and cause diarrhea.

Sterilization of milk bottles can use special tools for sterile, but if none of these tools it can be done through the process of boiling, such as:

1. Wash the bottle with the lid properly using soap and running water, brush each side and the bottom of the bottle so that no trace of milk left.

2. Boil bottles that have been washed into the boiling water for 10-15 minutes, make sure the bottle is not damaged when exposed to boiling water.

3. Immediately remove and drain bottles are then stored in a clean and dry.

In addition to maintaining the cleanliness of the bottle, parents or caregivers who will prepare the milk for the baby to wash hands first with soap and running water.

“In human skin, there is residual or persistent bacteria on the skin and also germs comers. Immigrants to bacteria such as S. aureus, E. coli and Pseudomonas, while bacteria such as Staphylococcus settle, epidermis, Acinetobacter, which in a certain amount is lost but the some time he came back, “said Dr. Lily.

For that every time you prepare the milk or baby food should wash hands first to get rid of the germs that could potentially cause infections, including conducting sterile for toys that often bitten by the baby.