Drink water

Drink water

Most of our body consists of water. Water in the body to maintain body temperature, skin moisture, help the circulation of oxygen as well as nutrients that are important for the cell. But DID YOU KNOW our bodies are constantly losing water as we breathe and the body secretes fluids through sweat and urine? For that we need adequate fluid intake to maintain excellent body condition. The question is, where are the sources of hydration from?

In a report in 2004, the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences (IOM / NAS) conduct a thorough analysis of the published research on hydration and fluid intake recommendations as a guide.

Approximately 80 percent of the total water in the human body comes from drinking water and other beverages that we consume. These include beverages that contain caffeine. The other 20 percent comes from food.

The researchers did not issue rules how much pure water must be consumed by a person in a day, because the hydration needs can be met from a variety of sources other than drinking water. The report refers to the total fluid requirements, which also refers to the water contained in various beverages and food products. This is to avoid confusion on the fulfillment of bodily fluids only from drinking water / water only.

Most people meet the daily hydration needs through regular drinking habits. While drinking water / water is the preferred source of hydration of the most common, in fact we can also get water from juice, milk, coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruits, vegetables, and other foods and beverages. But still, for most subsistence needs obtained from drinking water when we feel thirsty.

Meanwhile, there are concerns that caffeine has the effect diuretis, the evidence suggests that this effect is only temporary, and there is no evidence that caffeine causes dehydration. For that caffeinated drinks can also contribute to the daily hydration needs, as well as other sources such as fruit juices, soft drinks, tea, milk, water and coffee.