Every day activities may require you to use a public toilet, for example toilet at work, in malls or other places. Although it looks clean, the presence of germs that cause common diseases found in the toilet. Germs such as salmonella, streptococcus, E. coli and many other viruses can cause sore throat, flu or indigestion.
The way these germs into the body is through the interaction that you do with objects that exist in public toilets. For example, when it hits the flush on the toilet, faucets, doorknobs, or other objects that you touch. It is impossible also to avoid public restrooms because it is impossible to resist the urge to the toilet, even if forced can cause problems in the body, such as urinary tract infections.
Protecting Yourself in Public Toilet
You do not need too afraid to use the toilet because there are several ways to protect yourself from germs in public restrooms, among others:
1. Items that you carry like a purse, wallet or other items should not be placed on the toilet floor.
2. Before using the toilet, flush used to remove urine and other filth into battery housing.
3. If using a toilet seat, wipe the toilet seat by using a tissue.
4. Coat the toilet seat with toilet seat upholstery if any, or use a tissue as upholstery.
5. Do not sit on the toilet seat if it looks wet or dirty. Position to do is to float a sitting position without touching the toilet. You can rely on a wall or door while doing so.
6. Whenever possible, avoid to touch the objects that exist in the toilet. You can use a tissue when hit flush on the toilet or opening the door.
7. Before pressing the flush toilet lid by using a tissue. In the open state, the germs in the toilet can jump out and about or enter the body. If there is no cover, away from the toilet during a flush.
8. Finished using the toilet, do not forget to wash your hands with soap. Wash your hands the right way for 20-30 seconds, which includes rubbing the palms, back of hands, between your fingers and the area under the nail. If available, use hot water is more effective at killing germs.
9. Dry hands with paper towels after washing hands.
If you bring alcohol hand wash liquid used without rinse, can be used after washing hands and left the toilet.
Another important thing is to avoid the disease by keeping the body healthy condition so that the germs will not interfere with your health. Using public toilets are not to be feared if you know how to safely use it.